Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Aug 13, 2020
Gluten Free + Vegan + Refined Sugar Free
This is the perfect sweet treat after dinner. It is decadent, rich, yet refined sugar free.
Serves: 3-4 cups
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp carob powder (optional-it is naturally sweeter and deepens the 'chocolate flavor'
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp stevia
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup date paste (page 8) Can sub 6 pitted dates.
- ¼ cup tapioca starch/flour (this is the 'thickener, you can sub with 2 tbsp agar agar flakes if you prefer)
- In a small saucepan, combine cocoa or cacao powder, carob powder (optional), cocoa butter, salt, maple syrup, and coconut milk at low heat. (if you are using agar instead of tapioca flour add it in this step)
- Heat and stir continuously.
- Once the mixture has melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and stevia to taste (or just add more dates).
- Transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender.
- Add in the date paste, tapioca starch and stevia and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 5-7 hours