School is almost out, and this is one of our favorite healthier snacks we have on repeat. It can also make a delicious dessert for those special occasions too!
I don't know about you, but I feel like I become a restaurant during the school holidays, with requests for food on the hour. This is a healthy snack I can make ahead of time, refrigerate and my kids can pull out to enjoy any time of day to fullfill those cravings.
Note, it does melt so be sure to keep refrigerated until ready to consume, or it can get a little messy), these cookie dough bars are so easy to make and don’t require baking.
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup nut butter of choice (sun or almond butter recommended)
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup melted chocolate chips
2 tbsp nut butter of choice (sun or almond butter recommended)
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. In a stand-up mixer or by hand, mix together all the flour.
2. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients for the cookie dough, mix thoroughly.
3. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan and transfer the cookie dough. Press down to make a compact, even layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. While the cookie dough is in the refrigerator, make the chocolate ganache by mixing together the melted chocolate chips, coconut oil, and nut butter.
5. Take out the cookie dough and pour the chocolate ganache on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Cut into squares.
7. Keep in refrigerator until you want to eat them.