Healthy Pecan Pie Recipe
Oct 02, 2020
Gluten Free + Vegan
This healthy pecan pie recipe is delicious and perfect for the holidays!
Serves: 1 pie
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- 1/2 nut butter of choice
- 3 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Make a flax egg by combining flax meal and water, setting for 5-10 minutes.
- In a food processor add almond flour and the flax egg. Pulse until a dough consistency is formed.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then roll the dough between two plastic sheets then form it to the pie plate.
- Poke the crust with making small holes. Press the edges of the dough with the fork.
- Bake dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend the filling ingredients except for chopped almonds. Stir the almonds in after blending.
- Pour into cooked pie crust.
- Decorate the top of the pie with pecans and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Once baked, glaze the pie with maple syrup and bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!